[MinnowBoard] edk2 trunk

Moso Lee Moso.Lee at citrix.com
Wed Jul 13 16:08:01 UTC 2016

David,

EDK II white papers<https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK%20II%20White%20papers> has several new UEFI features and most of them requires edk2 trunk or edk2-staging branch. Minnowboard is labeled as the open hardware platform but it is stuck in stable/aged UDK2015.

Case in point, New firmware for Intel(r) Server Board S1200RP UEFI Development Kit (SDV.RP.B6) includes HTTP/HTTPS Boot & TPM 2.0.<https://twitter.com/Intel_UEFI> is a nice new release but it is closed source firmware.

>From another perspective, if Minnowboard platform is still committed to adopt new UEFI feature, then why not actively making it compatible with edk2 trunk so that when new feature demands, it would be quicker to create a new UDK-next branch with a functional Minnowboard firmware.

In another word, this no-boot-device problem has to be addressed eventually, why not fix it as soon as possible instead of waiting for UDK-next stable branch? I would like to see Minnowboard able to run edk2 trunk for leading edge open source firmware development besides the stable UDK2015 for production deployment.

Moso