[MinnowBoard] Recompiling the kernel of the "core-image-sato-sdk" image.
jagatha.vasanthi at intel.com
Wed Jul 1 23:50:12 UTC 2015
I'm downloaded the "core-image-sato-sdk" image on the Minnowboard MAX and have had no issues with it so far. But now, I have a need to change some configurations and recompile the kernel. The steps seem to be working but when I reboot it keeps booting to the old kernel image. I'd like to understand how Minnowboard chooses the kernel image to boot. I looked for a grub config file but could not find it. I would appreciate any leads on this.
These are the steps I followed:
1. cd /usr/src/kernel
2. make menuconfig
3. made changes and saved them to the .config file
4. Changed EXTRAVERSION in Makefile to unique name
5. ran "make"
6. ran "make modules"
7. ran "make modules_install"
8. I tried to run "make install" at this point but it complained that it could not find LILO. So I tried the below steps
9. cp System.map /boot/System.map-PERFORMANCE
10. ln -sf /boot/System.map-PERFORMANCE /boot/System.map
11. cp arch/x86_64/boot/bzImage /boot/
12. Rebooted but new changes did not take effect. I also tried 'uname -r' and did not see the EXTRAVERSION change that I made.
When I reboot, I always get into the EFI shell , so I have to run "fs0:" and "bootx64". Is bootx64 a file that I can access and read?
More information about the elinux-MinnowBoard