[Elinux-wiki-dev] WRT wiki page: Ti AM33XX PRUSSv2

Grey, Chris UTC CCS Chris.Grey at automatedlogic.com
Wed Mar 21 11:18:19 UTC 2018

Here's the link to the page in question:

https://elinux.org/Ti_AM33XX_PRUSSv2#PRU_to_external_peripherals

This page is listed as a work in progress. There's 2 sections stubbed out related to External to PRU and PRU to External. I'm looking for info specifically related to this. What I'm wanting to do is perform some bi-directional bit-banging on 8 GPIOs from a PRU. Thus what I need to do is to, on the fly, flip the pinmux from Mode_5 and Mode_6 (as defined in the chart lower in that wiki) so that I can control when the associated  GPIOs are routed to R30 or R31. Obviously the GPIOs can't be in and out at the same time, so I need to be able to control that, in real time, from the PRU.

But how exactly is this done from within a PRU? I'm assuming it's possible...

This would be excellent info to include below those two stubbed-out areas mentioned earlier.

Regards,

Chris Grey
ALC/Firmware