[Elinux-wiki-dev] removing unused accounts

Bill Traynor btraynor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 17:31:43 UTC 2015

In an effort to maintain a User base of real users who actually
participate on the wiki, every few years we remove unused user
accounts.  The criteria for removal is any account that has no edits,
no deleted edits, no log entries, and no current/old uploads.

A test run of the removeUnusedAccounts script returns 3307 unused
accounts of the total 7872 accounts in the system.

The majority of these accounts are created by wiki bots, however, if
you have an account on elinux.org and it meets the criteria above,
please login and edit your user page to avoid account deletion.

I will run the deletion script on Thursday.

Thanks
Bill (wmat)