[MinnowBoard] Using PXE boot to install Linux on a Minnowboard Turbot

Rick Thomas rbthomas at pobox.com
Mon Jul 2 09:47:41 UTC 2018

I’m trying to install Debian Linux on a Turbot dual-core, single ethernet.

I want to network boot (PXE boot) the Turbot into the debian installer.  I’ve set up a TFTPboot server as described in the Debian documentation.  I’ve tested it with a Dell laptop, and been able to use it to boot the Debian installer on the laptop.

But she I try to PXE boot the Turbot, the screen flashes a few times — way too fast for me to read anything — and it returns to the BIOS boot menu.

The Minowboard’s BIOS is version 097, the latest.

Anybody have a clue?

ADVthanksANCE,
Rick