[MinnowBoard] Minnowboard Turbot Wiki

Benjamin Hansmann i at qbox.audio
Fri Jun 22 09:05:18 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-06-21 at 18:27 +0000, Van Der Pol, MarkX wrote:
> The wiki.minnowboard.org was retired and all pertinent content was
> moved to the new main website. At least, that was my intention. The
> error message now shown could certainly be improved, and I will get
> that taken care of.

Ok, good to know.

> What tutorials are you noticing missing? We will certainly consider
> moving and updating old ones if there is a need or request.

I found references to tutorials which weren't available, e.g.:

https://minnowboard.org/tutorials/connecting-device-sensor-lse
https://minnowboard.org/tutorials/minnowboard-servo-control
https://minnowboard.org/tutorials/best-practice-linux-usb-thumb-drive-i
nitialization

Maybe they are not relevant, I just didn't want to miss out on any
information.

> And the pages now on github that look like a wiki are the feedback
> and background information for the current minnowboard.org website,
> not the legacy wiki.
>
> As to the lures no longer being in production – that is a sad fact of
> supply and demand – suppliers only build and warehouse what there is
> a demand for. Fortunately, most of the lures are open-source, so can
> easily be re-created by you or manufactured again

That's right.

Another note:

I followed https://minnowboard.org/tutorials/installing-yocto-poky, but
used Yocto version 2.5 instead (also for the meta-intel layer). The
Ethernet interface didn't work, so I needed to recompile the Kernel and
use the IGB driver instead of E1000.

Benjamin