[MinnowBoard] Minnowboard Turbot doesn't see USB keyboard most of the time... [Update to the [Update]]

Van Der Pol, MarkX markx.van.der.pol at intel.com
Thu May 3 18:58:27 UTC 2018

Sounds very strange - having ruled out keyboard malfunction, power issues, and the fact it works if booting to the OS, on two separate boards, there is not much left...

The BIOS, if it can't find an OS to load, will show a UEFI shell prompt. It won't tell you the version, but at least it confirms the BIOS is happy.

Also, if the BIOS is up in the shell prompt, it will enumerate a USB  keyboard if you plug it in at that point. Or if you switch ports for the keyboard.

Is the OS you run installed on that board, or from a reference board?

Is it running from the micro SD card, a USB Flash drive, a SATA disk, or something plugged into the high speed interface on a lure?

Thanks,

|\/|ark.

Mark van der Pol
Firmware Engineer,
Open Hardware Team,
Open Source Technology Center
Intel
Markx.van.der.pol at intel.com

The MinnowBoard.org Foundation: a US-based non-profit providing education and promotion of the design and use of open-source software and hardware in embedded computing on Intel(r) Architecture.