[MinnowBoard] sata drive howto and boot

Douglas Kryder dkryder at gmail.com
Thu May 18 23:10:02 UTC 2017

Patrick,
if you mean swapping the drive with an operational OS installed i think it
is dependent on which OS is installed. Some OS installations make the
hardware of the install part of the security of the OS. most notably
Windows will make hash keys based on what hardware is on the system. will
BSD make similar hashes ? i do not know. if it is open source probably not.
but i'm thinking BSD would still make references to specific hardware to
allow for kernel configurations.
you're second thought about why the installer did not recognize the msata
drive has me puzzled also. i can not remember if the linux mint installer
also had problems. it was good to hear that your hardware is operational
and working well.