[MinnowBoard] Firmware hang

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 19:10:14 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-10-26 at 08:36 +0000, Wei, David wrote:
> The Minnowboard max UEFI firmware could pass the stress test of
> thousands of system reset cycle.

We're definately in the 10 thousands of reset cycles of these board ;)

> There are two causes I can think:
> (1) The SPI flash is already under unstable state. As we are talking
> in another mail loop.

By this you mean the flash has already worn out or?

> (2) The UEFI variable region garbage reclaiming process is
> interrupted by system reset/shutdown.

Does the GC in UEFI happen on system startup or is that something that
might runs later on? These systems do get reset quite often but never
during very early boot, only when already in the actual bootloader or
linux.

--
Sjoerd Simons
Collabora Ltd.