[MinnowBoard] 4GB Ram need pcb rerouting?

Krau, Michael P michael.p.krau at intel.com
Tue Oct 18 14:58:40 UTC 2016

In the release note of the Firmware, it provides instructions on how to change the PCD settings to change the memory configuration.  The instructions start with (and I quote):

6. How to configure memory parameters for new custom platforms

  If you want to configure memory parameters for your own platform, the following steps must be done before building the source tree.

   (1)	Open the platform DSC file, which is <MyWorkspace>/ Vlv2TbltDevicePkg/ PlatformPkgIA32.dsc or <MyWorkspace>/ Vlv2TbltDevicePkg/ PlatformPkgX64.dsc depending on your which CPU architecture you prefer to support.

   (2)  Search in the platform DSC file for following PCDs. There are a total of 17
        PCDs for memory parameter configuration.
        Taking PCD "VlvRefCodePkgTokenSpaceGuid.PcdMemoryParameterPatchable|FALSE",
        for example,  the string before "|" represents PCD name, while the string
        after "|" represents configurable PCD value.
        And the comment, which is above the PCD and marked by #, provides the
        usage of the PCD and valid selectable values.

  #######################################################################################################
  #
  # Begin of MRC parameters
  #

     .
     .
     .
 (end quote)

I will note that the list of the settings available in the DSC file are much more inclusive to the list in the release notes.  (also for space considerations, I have only provided you with the starting point in the release notes) The release notes were to point you in the right direction, the DSC provides all the available options.   There is a PCD to set Memory configuration size, among other memory features.

Thank you,

Michael Krau