[MinnowBoard] MinnowBoard MAX 0.93 64-Bit & network lost

Wei, David david.wei at intel.com
Mon Sep 12 02:36:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

For VO.92, the BIOS setup option "Spread Clock Spectrum" could only control the external clock generator, it cannot affect PCIe Spread Clock Spectrum. Because PCIe Spread Clock Spectrum is a feature controlled by "software strap", which is out of the scope of BIOS.

But for V0.93, in order to pass FCC test, Spread Clock Spectrum of PCIe is required to be enabled (by changing the "software strap" bit that I shared before), and also the BIOS setup option "Spread Clock Spectrum" is required to be hidden from end user.

Thanks,
David  Wei