[MinnowBoard] MinnowBoard MAX 0.93 64-Bit & network lost

David Scully dscully at sbimagingsystems.com
Fri Sep 2 17:22:29 UTC 2016

I have also run into problems with connectivity with the latest firmware that
is resolved by reverting back to 0.92. However, I'm using a custom board
that uses Intel i211 NICs instead of the Realtek NIC. As I understand it,
this is the same NIC as what will be in the Minnowboard Turbot Quad.

For the i211 connected to PCIe Port 1 on my board, I typically can trigger
this failure when I to do bidirectional TCP/IP iperf tests:
Board: iperf -c 192.1.127 -t 300 -d
Development PC: iperf -s

The error message from the Intel NIC driver is:
[Sep 2 10:00] igb 0000:03:00.0 enp3s0: PCIe link lost, device now detached

I'm running stock 0.93 firmware with Ubuntu 16.04.1.

If OP hasn't created a Bugzilla entry I could do it, but I was hesitant
because this isn't original hardware.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help,
David Scully