[MinnowBoard] End of the Atom

John Hawley john.hawley at intel.com
Tue May 3 20:20:41 UTC 2016

To the best of our knowledge, any of the announcements or comments
going around about Atom don't affect the MAX / Turbot design.  We are
using the Baytrail-I SKU, which is the industrial version, not the
mobile / tablet versions.  The industrial version we use has the
advantage of having a 7 year life cycle; we are only a few years into
that so we are expecting the SoC itself to be around and productively
used for a while yet.

Beyond that, we are still committed to doing open hardware development
boards based on Intel silicon, our mission hasn't changed, and we
aren't seeing anything that's currently worrying us with respect to
the MAX / Turbot design.

- - John 'Warthog9' Hawley