[MinnowBoard] Windows 10 Pro Install

miwin mike.winter at miwin.co.uk
Fri Apr 22 22:54:22 UTC 2016

Hi Eric - Thank you for your reply!

I am on a steep learning curve!

I was keen on using IOT Core for my project, but I have been running in to
issues all along the way, hence why I was trying Win10 Pro.

To outline what I have been trying to achieve. I have a legacy project which
runs on XP. My (potential) client wants to implement a newer solution, but
is not allowed to have a new system installed with unsupported software
(WinXP), so I have started looking to upgrade to Win10. I have tried IOT
Core, but the application that I wish to run makes use of a DLL, which are
not (directly) supported. You can, however  use LoadPackagedLibrary(). I
have been looking around for more information, and not been able to find a
good example. As I was struggling with this, I thought I would try Windows
10 Pro, which would probably mean that I wouldnt have to re-write the
program for IOT.

I had seen some other posts on this forum, where they ahd said that they had
installed Win10 Pro, so was hoping someone would have had experience of
this.

Once again, thank you for your input!

Mike