[MinnowBoard] USB and firmware

Moses George moses_lg at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 15:32:04 UTC 2016

Hello all

I have a Minnowboard max and I was having trouble installing xubuntu on a powered usb external hard drive. It was having some issues with the USB (it showed "set sel for device-initiated u1 failed"). I was debugging it and I was messing around with the firmware settings and I ended up disabling USB. Now, I cant get my usb disks working nor can I change settings on the firmware as keyboards are not working.
How do I flash the firmware or modify the USB setting? I did find "SPI hook" online that is supposed to help flash the minnowboard firmware. Any other ideas on how I could re-enable USB? Thanks for your help.

Thanks
Moses