[MinnowBoard] Backslash not working!!!

John Hawley john.hawley at intel.com
Wed Apr 13 16:49:04 UTC 2016

So the board I've got in front of me (Turbot pilot with 0.82 firmware, I
should update this...) and a normal Microsoft wireless keyboard +
trackpad (don't have a model, sorry), seems to work fine for both \ and
/.  I for what you are trying to do I'd just do the following (so you
don't have to deal with the slashes)

	Shell > fs0:
	Shell > MinnowBoard.MAX.FirmwareUpdateX64.efi _filename_.bin

as the UEFI shell has . in the search path, so you should be able to do
that without the need of any slashes.  I do know that / works for
directory changes too, as UEFI's shell is accepting that way

The 64bit vs. 32bit comes from the fact that UEFI firmware is either
64-bit or 32-bit (it can't do both at once), if I remember correctly
Windows IoT for the MinnowBoard runs only in 32-bit mode, which means
you need the 64-bit flash program (since the board ships with a 64-bit
UEFI by default) to flash the 32-bit firmware down.  If you were to
reverse this and go back to a 64-bit firmware you would need to download
the 32-bit firmware flasher to flash the 64-bit firmware.  So that might
be why you are seeing references to that in the Windows documentation.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley