[MinnowBoard] MNW2: No BIOS information in BIOS Setup Browser

Anteja Vuk Macek anteja.vm at dolotron.com
Wed Mar 30 09:05:28 UTC 2016

Hi,

We crate board similar to MinnowBoard Max and for that we want to brand
BIOS for MinnowBoard Max. At first I changed firmware *.bin file name.
Before I did this, I noticed that I didn't have  some information  about
Computer model, CPU model and BIOS version. Information which I didn't have
you could saw on font page in  left coner of BIOS Setup ( or Setup Browser
). When I start firmware on MinnowBoard Max in BIOS Setup Browser I can see
this information ( or data ).

Is fimware checking on which board it boot and where in code I can see it?
I looking in  MdeModulePkg module SetupBrowserDxe, IntelFrameworkModulePkg
 module BdsDxe and  EdkCompatibilityPkg module  FormBrowser  but I don't
see where is place in code where firmware fill information  which I don't
have.

Also I saw in Platform.c  function DetermineTurbotBoard (), where was
checking GPIO_S5_4 pin (), on our board this pin wasn't connected. Also pin
GPIO_S5_17 is not connected. Is this pins which on our board are not
connected reason that firmware conclude that my board is not MinnowBoard
Max?

Could somebody help to fix my problem ?

Best regards,

Anteja