[MinnowBoard] 1.6V output on gpio pin

Anders, David david.anders at intel.com
Sat Feb 6 18:20:10 UTC 2016

Trevor,

No the current limit is not programmable.  I am not sure I understand your last statements completely. It sounds like the LED you are using is rated higher than 10mA which is why it is so faint. you can either try a LED with a smaller current rating, or you can try changing the resistor out again using the ohm's law math.

1.1V / 0.020 mA = 55 Ohm

The resistor value that is generally close to this at 10% rating is the 56 Ohm resistor.

Dave Anders

p.s. to check to make sure you haven't damaged your GPIO pin, make sure that the voltage output on the pin reads 3.3V with nothing connected and the sysfs entry set as high