[MinnowBoard] 1.6V output on gpio pin

Anders, David david.anders at intel.com
Fri Feb 5 23:23:06 UTC 2016

Trevor,

It depends on how you have it connected and what the current draw is. Like many dev boards, the Max/Turbot is only designed to provide a very minimal current on the GPIO pins, generally around 7mA. You'll need to use a low current LED along with a current limiting resistor to make sure you don't exceed that value.

Alternatively you can use a transistor to allow for higher currents. A good example of this can be seen in the Tadpole lure:

http://wiki.minnowboard.org/Tadpole_Lure

thanks
Dave Anders