[MinnowBoard] WiFi USB dongle?

ltorrico at designnettech.com ltorrico at designnettech.com
Fri Jan 8 21:32:27 UTC 2016

I am trying to get WiFi working on my MinnowBoard MAX.  I am using a Realtek USB dongle and have also tried a mini-PCIe Intel module.  They both are supported in the kernel.

I have tested both Lolipop 5.1.0 and the latest 5.1.1.  I can nto get it to work on either.

When I enable WiFi from the Android setting I get this message on the serial console:

init: no such service 'wpa_supplicant'

Am I missing something?  The Release notes state that WiFi is available via a dongle.  I am using the prebuilt downloads and have also built my own custom kernel.  Same results.

Thanks,

Luis Torrico
Senior Software/Hardware Engineer
Design Net Technical Products, Inc.