[MinnowBoard] Went to boot Minnow until clear CMOS

John Hawley john.hawley at intel.com
Fri Dec 18 21:58:24 UTC 2015

On 12/18/2015 02:55 AM, Grigory V. Korotov wrote:
> Hi all.
> Sometimes i have issue with my minnow. I went to boot it up until i
> clear CMOS by removing CMOS battery for few minutes.

That likely won't reset the firmware as the firmware's storage is
non-volatile.  You'd either have to externally flash it, or go into the
firmware itself to reset it.

There's a change on the Turbots that changes J7 to act as a firmware
reset on power on, but that requires the more recent firmware (0.84 has
it for sure, I'd have to go back and check if 0.83 does or not), as well
as a Turbot.

> I've been done some investigation. When board is in frozen state i see
> that CORE and GFX power supply stays in default voltages 1.1V on booth
> channels. So cpu does not start at all and dont initialize SVID
> iterface. When it starts correctly i see about 0.875V and 0.791V on CORE
> and GFX channels respectively. If i manually short PMC_RSMRST or
> PMC_CORE_PWROK signals nothing changes. Only VCC led shuts off for few
> seconds and then shuts on again.
> Have someone same issue?

So does the board do anything?  Are you seeing anything on serial at
all?  Does D2 come on or does it bounce (or not come on at all)?

> Thanks
>
> P.S. I have 5V 12A power supply ;)

So likely not the power supply's fault ;-)