[MinnowBoard] Feature Request MinnowBoard MIPI CSI-2

Tomas tomas.tombakas at laserpas.com
Mon Oct 5 09:54:15 UTC 2015

Rodney Roeber <rodney.roeber at ...> writes:

> I’m quite new to this list – 1st post.  I hope this is the correct place
to request features for the next MinnowBoard.  There are three CSI-2 camera
interfaces on the Intel Atom E3800 series that all connect to the onboard
image signal processor.  This is an excellent capability for robotics,
security, etc.  I have found very few boards that expose one or two of
these ports and none that have access to all three.  Does anyone know of a
board with the three CSI ports available?  Is it feasible for the next
MinnowBoard to have connectors for all three of the CSI ports?  The Intel
paper, Intel Atom Processor E3800 Series: MIPI CSI-2 Camera Sub System,
describes a low-cost, 3 sensor imaging solution.  I can imagine a few Lures
being developed for imaging applications.