[MinnowBoard] Feature Request MinnowBoard MIPI CSI-2

Rodney Roeber rodney.roeber at janusresearch.com
Fri Sep 25 18:02:04 UTC 2015

I'm quite new to this list - 1st post.  I hope this is the correct place to
request features for the next MinnowBoard.  There are three CSI-2 camera
interfaces on the Intel Atom E3800 series that all connect to the onboard
image signal processor.  This is an excellent capability for robotics,
security, etc.  I have found very few boards that expose one or two of these
ports and none that have access to all three.  Does anyone know of a board
with the three CSI ports available?  Is it feasible for the next MinnowBoard
to have connectors for all three of the CSI ports?  The Intel paper, Intel
Atom Processor E3800 Series: MIPI CSI-2 Camera Sub System, describes a
low-cost, 3 sensor imaging solution.  I can imagine a few Lures being
developed for imaging applications.

Thanks,

Rod