[MinnowBoard] Purpose of EEPROM

David Scully dscully at sbimagingsystems.com
Wed Aug 12 22:41:44 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm currently looking to build a custom board based on the Minnowboard Max
design. One of the things I've noticed is that a 2K EEPROM is attached to
the SMBus (U33).

How is this EEPROM used on the Minnowboard? Is any of the information
contained in the device required for booting? If so, is any of the factory
programming procedure publicly available?

I was attempting to dump the contents from userspace eeprog or even probing
the device with i2cdetect, but I'm having trouble probing the SMBus at all
(Ubuntu 14.04).

Thanks,
David