[MinnowBoard] Power on, but system not running

T nailsoftruth at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 13:41:37 UTC 2015

All,

I started a new post, so I didn't hijack the previous poster.  I started
as a reply search for updates to his/her issue which was similar to mine
on this post:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.minnowboard.user/1783

Here is my issue.  I have a Minnowboard Max that is no longer starts.  The
D1 power LED is illuminated; however, the D2 On/Off status indicator LED
is not.  I did notice that before it completely stopped working; the
system would intermittently turn off as if there was some type of power
save mode.  The Power LED would always stay illuminated, but the On/Off
status indicator LED would turn off.  I would either need to push the
reset button, or unplug and plug in the power.

Thanks to Dave Wei for your suggestion to read out the image that I
programmed into the flash and compare it to the original. I did this and
the MD5 hashes match.  The power LED (D1) is illuminated so power is being
supplied to the board; however, the On/Off status indicator (D2) is not.
It has blinked on occasion (but mostly not) when I do something to the
system, such as: push the reset button, or unplug a USB device, but that's
it.  I flashed a Debug ROM and connected a cable to the UART 6-wire serial
port, but there is no longer any debug output to view.

All things functioned well before.  I'm not sure what else to do other
than RMA.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

-T