[MinnowBoard] How to get HDMI audio to work on MinnowBoard MAX (under Linux)?

Gerard Bucas gerard.b at tekmagic.net
Wed Jul 15 23:11:51 UTC 2015

We can’t seem to get HDMI audio to work on our minnowBoard MAX under (yocto built) linux.

For example if one plays back things like a youtube video that has audio in a Chromium browser, there is no audio on a connected HDMI device that has speakers, etc.

Any ideas on what could be the problem or whether or not this is not supposed to work for some reason or other!?

Thanks!

Gerard Bucas