[MinnowBoard] Earlier questions about EDK2-Dev mailng list

B Cran bruce.cran at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 03:12:14 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Krau, Michael P <michael.p.krau at intel.com>
wrote:

>  Hello Everyone,
>

> Recently there was an email on the EDK2-Devel Mailing list on the UEFI
> Open Source Community Website (URL: www.tianocore.org) (Email list:
> edk2-devel at lists.sourceforge.net), which referenced on this mailing
> list.  (see message: “[MinnowBoard] Getting MNW2 BIOS fixes committed” June
> 28, 2015).
>

> There was a problem with the EDK2-Devel mailing list which resulted in the
> maintainer not properly receiving  the Email request.  The reported request
> has been tracked on the EDK2-Devel list, and the fixes are in review and
> check-in process.

I think there were a few things that compounded the problem, in addition to
the mailing list being rather busy/noisy. The first is that my mail server
was configured to use DKIM, which fails when the mailing lists rewrite the
contents (to add ads, for example) and causes emails to be tagged as spam.
Secondly I wasn't familiar with "git send-email" and so was sending patches
as attachments, which some people in the community dislike. Thirdly, I'm
not sure I was cc'ing the maintainers or just sending to
edk2-devel at lists.sourceforge.net .

However, there does still seem to be a bit of a problem: apparently they're
having problems applying the patch I sent with "git send-email".  If people
at Intel think it would be simpler, I have a Phabricator instance setup at
https://edk2.bluestop.org that could be used for posting patches in
addition to the existing edk2 repo browser. I also got a Jenkins build farm
set up at the weekend (https://edk2.bluestop.org:8000/jenkins/) that I'm
hoping people will find useful.

--
Bruce