[MinnowBoard] MBM board BIOS waiting ethernet and taken 50 seconds

John 'Warthog9' Hawley warthog9 at eaglescrag.net
Tue Jul 7 17:07:07 UTC 2015

On 07/07/2015 07:03 AM, li yuqian wrote:
> Hi
>
> My MBM board if enabled the PCIE0 bus, then it will taken about 50
> seconds to get booting linux, when i disabled the NIC (PCIE0) then only
> 2 seconds can booting up Linux, i tried to move the network in booting
> manager in BIOS setting menu, but not help, when poweroff and powerup,
> it will try searching network again(maybe try booting a OS from
> network), how i can fix it, the 50 seconds it too long for booting Linux :(

What distribution are you running, and what version of the firmware as
well?  This is something I haven't seen in any of my testing, and 50
seconds or so waiting for a timeout seems awfully long to be waiting for
a DHCP response and not getting one.  Any additional details you can
give us would be helpful.

Thanks!

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley