[MinnowBoard] PWM problem

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Mon Jul 6 18:06:42 UTC 2015

On 7/6/15, 5:13 AM, "elinux-MinnowBoard on behalf of Oshrat, Yinon"
<elinux-minnowboard-bounces at lists.elinux.org on behalf of
yinon.oshrat at intel.com> wrote:

>'what bios/kernel version are you using?
>No matter what value I use as period, it always stays 1.3 ms

Which values are you trying? By my calculations, the maximum period
supported by the hardware is 2.6ms, although in practice I haven't seen it
go beyond 1.3 ms. I believe the currently supported range is 80ns to
1.3ms. If you are trying values larger than 1.3ms, then it will not make a
difference. The E3800 datasheet [1] provides PWM register documentation
(Chapter 28), and the attached screenshot is a worksheet I put together to
determine the possible values.

Thanks,

Darren

1.