[MinnowBoard] no suitable video mode found booting in blind mode

Ken Tait ktait at venturesystemdesign.com
Thu May 21 22:01:14 UTC 2015

This is telling me you don't have the right image on the boot device or
something in it is missing.

Is the SD card or USB stick formatted correctly? What type of format did
you put on this?? I think, but not sure that UEFI reads a FAT partition???
If you plug it into another Linux machine can you read it?
It also needs a swap partition, maybe this is missing?? I'm guessing here...

try an ls on the device and see if it will read the files?

I believe the partition on it also must be marked as bootable..

I'm not too up on all of the distros that run on this..

Can someone tell us how to identify if this is a good image to boot?

nb, yes that would be right, you can't do a graphical install over the
serial connection, you would need an x agent running and it's too early
to get this going...
It should boot and log you in as root on the serial terminal...

Ken