[MinnowBoard] no suitable video mode found booting in blind mode

Ken Tait ktait at venturesystemdesign.com
Thu May 21 19:28:49 UTC 2015

off the top of my head I don't since I don't use these much, but I'll
look this over for you. I wanted to see what man. you are using, in fact
if we can get a list up of what is working and what is not, I'll look at
the specs and see what's up.

I've have some PHIHONG PSA18-050 units and these are ok most times, but
not all the time....
Any of the Meanwell stuff is pretty decent for the money. The under 5$
wallwarts are just garbage..

Try the switch experiment..it will tell me alot about whether this is
just a power supply issue or also software. I had similar issues with
the first Minnowboards not coming up correctly on first boot.

For future designs, to do this right and be able to power lures and
drives, it should take a 2A 12V wallwart and have sufficient on board
Dc/Dc convertors to get 5A @ 5V. this is not hard but will drive the
cost up a little.

Ken