[MinnowBoard] GPIO on Windows OS

Leigh Gawne leighgawne at gmail.com
Wed May 13 10:46:25 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

Just digging into how best to make us of the GPIOs under Windows.

My understanding is that for the upcoming Windows 10 IoT supported on the
Minnowboard MAX, there is native support in the OS through the namespace
"Windows.Devices.Gpio":

https://ms-iot.github.io/content/win10/samples/PinMappingsMBM.htm

>From what I can see there is no such existing support in Windows 8.1, and I
will have to do a little driver development built on top of the Intel
embedded drivers (https://embedded.communities.intel.com/thread/7669). Not
an issue, but if there is anything out there that exists which means I don't
have to reinvent the wheel at this stage then that would be great.

Thanks,

Leigh