[MinnowBoard] Problem reading CPU temp in linux (yocto build)

Gerard Bucas gerard.b at tekmagic.net
Fri May 1 00:15:24 UTC 2015

Thanks Darren

Don't worry - managed to get to the bottom of it, thanks to this good
article (in Japanese - which I can't read - but great pictures!):
http://kronus9.sblo.jp/article/115370184.html

It turns out this kernel config flag needed to be set:
CONFIG_SENSORS_CORETEMP=m

Interesting to observe:
that "zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CORETEMP" now returns
"CONFIG_SENSORS_CORETEMP=y"

BUT lsmod shows no modules installed and I still don't have the
CONFIG_SENSORS_CORETEMP file and I don't see "coreboot" anywhere on my
target system!
BUT "sensors" now works (after sensors-detect) as it shows the same "ISA
adapter" values that nb listed. So I also now see:

acpitz-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1:        +26.8 C  (crit = +90.0 C)

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 0:       +68.0 C  (high = +127.0 C, crit = +127.0 C)
Core 2:       +67.0 C  (high = +127.0 C, crit = +127.0 C)

Thanks for all your help.

Gerard