[MinnowBoard] android instalation problem on a new minnowboard max - problem switching to non-secure uefi mode in security prompt - volume up key is not available on the minnow max

Krau, Michael P michael.p.krau at intel.com
Tue Apr 21 17:46:09 UTC 2015

The message:
> WARNING: Your device has been altered from it's factory configuration
> and is no longer in a locked or verified state due to UEFI secure Boot
> being disabled. If you were not responsible for these changes the
> security of your device may be at risk. Enter BIOS to re-enable UEFI
> Secure Boot.

It is not a firmware message.  It appears to be an OS message or boot loader, saying that the system is not running as a secure boot configuration, and that the changes made (boot device) is not per the factory configuration of the product.  It is warning you that this could allow malware to boot on your platform (if the USB driver were contaminated with Malware) and since secure boot is not enabled (to check signing), there is no safety net for this possibility.  The message seems to be a courtesy telling you how to 'safety net' the system by turning on Secure Boot to ensure that only properly authorized code is executed from the non-factory boot device through secure boot mechanisms.

Sincerely,

Michael Krau

While I am an Intel employee, I do not represent Intel and am not authorized to speak for Intel.