[MinnowBoard] Trouble booting new Minnowboard Max

Xi Chen xixi.xichen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 16:48:03 UTC 2015

Hi,

I received a new Minnowboard Max but are having trouble starting it.

First I connected it to a HDMI display and powered up, got no display.
Checked bug report documentation and thought it might be a firmware issue.

So I set up display through serial with a USB/UART cable, this way I was
able to enter the EFI shell. And I checked the firmware version on my
board, it's MNW2MAX1.x64.0077.R01.1501281701. So I thought the problem I
have is not a firmware problem, because that HDMI related firmware bug is
said to be fixed in firmwares after 8/13/2014.

In addition, in the EFI shell mode, I can't seem to go to fs0, which is
needed for firmware upgrade or installing OS. When I type fs0, I got the
message:

'fs0' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program, or batch file.

Can someone please help? Thanks!

Xi