[MinnowBoard] image size 5242880

Wei, David david.wei at intel.com
Wed Mar 25 09:25:17 UTC 2015

I got your image in a separate email.
This 5MB image you shared only contains Descriptor Region (Vlv2TbltDevicePkg\Stitch\IFWIHeader\ IFWI_HEADER.bin) and TXE Region (Vlv2MiscBinariesPkg\SEC\1.0.2.1067\ VLV_SEC_REGION.bin).
The BIOS region, which is 3MB, is missing.  That’s because your BIOS build(or EDKII build) fails.

The weird thing is that this BIOS build failure does not stop the build process. It continues to stitch out a 5MB image, which includes Descriptor Region (Vlv2TbltDevicePkg\Stitch\IFWIHeader\ IFWI_HEADER.bin) and TXE Region (Vlv2MiscBinariesPkg\SEC\1.0.2.1067\ VLV_SEC_REGION.bin). There should be a bug in the build script. But this is not the first thing we need to figure out.

The first thing we need to investigate is the EDKII build failure you met. Could you check if there is a edksetup.sh under your <WorkSpace>?

Thanks,
David | SSG BIOS