[MinnowBoard] GSOC'15 - Idea feedback - SMBus Kernel Support

Michael Jones mike at proclivis.com
Tue Mar 24 19:52:30 UTC 2015

Subhashish,

If you change the block read/write to 64 bytes and had a Beagle trace of it along with a patch, even if it was hacked, it would show you can:

- Install Ubuntu
- Find the code in the i2c/smbus driver and modify it
- Compile and run the kernel
- Write a simple SMBus application to test
- Give the app and patch for review and testing

If you can do that, you can probably succeed with a general improvement to SMBus.

Mike