[MinnowBoard] elinux-MinnowBoard Digest, Vol 54, Issue 1

Holmberg, Hans hans.holmberg at intel.com
Tue Mar 3 13:45:53 UTC 2015

>Hi Has, You mentioned "To modify the DSDT to add devices?"
>I want to add a new IIC device on the Minnowmax board(a sensor), how to modify the DSDT to auto detect these IIC devices?
>Can you share some more documents?

The kernel documentation has quite a lot of good stuff on the subject:

Documentation/acpi/enumeration.txt
Documentation/dsdt-override.txt
Documentation/i2c/instantiating-devices

Arch Linux has a great wikipage as well:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DSDT

I don't have any best practice for updating the DSDT in the bios(as I haven't done this myself - for testing purposes I've used the dsdt-override method), but maybe someone else on the list has?

Best regards,
Hans