[MinnowBoard] M.2 (NGFF) from Minnowboard Max HS header

Michal Šmucr msmucr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 09:31:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

i would like to ask you, if you believe, it is possible to do M.2 (NGFF)
interface for Max high speed header? Or some thought about that.

We are thinking about custom base board for Max, which will be used for
SSD and Wireless cards. MSATA and mini PCIe seems to be slowly phased
out by manufacturers in favor of M.2.
So one M.2 A-keyed socket for Wireless and one B/M-keyed socket for SSD
in AHCI mode is, what I was thinking about.
I'm not really sure if there isn't any inherent limitation with regard
to Max available connections. M.2 is mentioned everywhere only together
with PCIe 3.0 and SATA 3.2 standards, so I don't know, if it is possible
add such sockets to Max.

Thanks for any input,

Michal