[MinnowBoard] compiling fw

B Cran bruce.cran at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 01:13:37 UTC 2015

Thanks. From trying to do the build (using sources from TianoCore) on Linux
with GCC, I get the impression it's really not very well-tested. For a
start, the .sh files aren't executable, and then you get output like the
following, which ends up claiming that the build succeeded when it clearly
failed!  If I get some time before someone else does, I'll go through and
debug/fix the issues I can find (I committed
http://edk2.bluestop.org/rUDK16657 to fix problems with the Windows build).

Make GenBiosId Tool...
./Vlv2TbltDevicePkg/bld_vlv.sh: line 202: ./Vlv2TbltDevicePkg/GenBiosId:
Permission denied
Invoking EDK2 build...
Build environment:
Linux-3.19.0-1.g8a7d5f9-desktop-x86_64-with-SuSE-13.2-x86_64
[...]
build.py...
 : error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace
       Vlv2BinaryPkg/X64DEBUG/IA32/PchSmbusArpDisabled.inf

- Failed -
Build end time: 18:06:58, Feb.16 2015
Build total time: 00:00:00

Skip Running fce...
Skip Running KeyEnroll...
cp: cannot stat ‘Build/Vlv2TbltDevicePkg/DEBUG_GCC46/FV/VLV.fd’: No such
file or directory
cat: ./Vlv2MiscBinariesPkg/SEC/1.0.2.1060v5/VLV_SEC_REGION.bin: No such
file or directory
cat: MNW2MAX_X64_D_0078_01.ROM: No such file or directory
Skip Running BIOS_Signing ...

Build location: Build/Vlv2TbltDevicePkg/DEBUG_GCC46
BIOS ROM Created: MNW2MAX_X64_D_0078_01.ROM

-------------------- The EDKII BIOS build has successfully completed.

Finished Building BIOS.
Skip Build_IFWI:  Calling IFWI Stitching Script...

Build_IFWI is finished.
The final IFWI file is located in Stitch
bcran at cube:> echo $?
0

--
Bruce