[MinnowBoard] SourceLevelDebugPkg on MinnowMax?

Edward Chicopee edward.chicopee at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 05:53:25 UTC 2015

Do I have to do anything special to enable source level debugging in the
MinMAX076 directory? I had used source level debug on a normal Minnow maybe
6 months ago, but I thought I didn't have to do anything special, just use
a debug build. But right now I can get seemingly close, but windbg never
attaches. My process is
1) build debug
2) apply it and see that it's definitely my code running (because I see my
"Hi from SMM" printout during boot)
3) launch Start -> Intel UEFI Development Kit Debugger Tool -> Start windbg
with Intel UDK Debugger Tool
4) start TeraTerm and connect telnet to localhost port 20715 and see the
serial port output

But as I mentioned, WinDbg just sits there and never attaches. I suspect I
need to change something in the configuration though, because I never see
anything in the serial output that sort of looks like a WinDbg callout to a
debugger. Maybe I need to pass SOURCE_DEBUG_ENABLE=TRUE to the build script
somehow? But since the MinnowMax build script isn't just "build" but the
wrapper, I'm not sure how to do that.

Ed