[MinnowBoard] GSoC 2015 - Is there interest?

Michael Jones mike at proclivis.com
Sun Feb 8 21:12:39 UTC 2015

John,

This will not be broadly interesting, but… just in case there is another crazy out there...

If any student wanted to work on an open source Haskell PMBus Library for MinnowBoardMax running Ubuntu, I’d be happy to mentor. I have working starter code I can donate so they don’t have to start from scratch, and documentation on how to build up a system, install the compilers, etc.

I am sure there aren’t too many functional programmers that are into embedded stuff, but if there is one out there, I am happy to mentor. Perhaps some student that is into robotics at a school with some functional programming classes and research going on. Some previous Haskell experience is a must.

Google does some functional programming, so they might have some interest. They also use PMBus.

Supporting projects might be to implement SMBALERT driver support for Atom. I think there is SMBALERT support for iMX. Haskell does not support ARM well, so completing SMBus support for Atom helps.

Mike