[MinnowBoard] community demand for a cellular GSM/GPS lure?

Michael Jones mike at proclivis.com
Fri Jan 16 19:35:48 UTC 2015

I’m doing something like:

http://www.stchman.com/install_ndis_broadcom.html

I can get the model number when I am back on the bench.

I don’t have problems booting. I get an occasional freeze that requires reboot.

Also, note than when I looked at the power supply current when the device is searching for a network, the peak currents are very high, much higher than the normal 5V 2.5A supply. My bench supply was sending the needle flying.

I did not get any UVLO on the MinnowBoardMax, but it would be nice to make sure whatever is on some final solution works with the supplies people are using. The processor is peaky enough during boot, and this might add to the problem.

I have not looked at the amount of energy actually being used by the wireless, so I don’t know if some hold up cap can be used. Given board space, perhaps some hold up cap on the wireless might make sense.

Mike