[MinnowBoard] community demand for a cellular GSM/GPS lure?

Chris Brookes chris at txrx.org
Fri Jan 16 18:47:41 UTC 2015

> On Jan 16, 2015, at 9:56 AM, Michael Jones <mike at proclivis.com> wrote:
>
> My motivation behind the suggestion is the pain I went through wrt a USB wireless and its driver.

I am using 2 USB wireless dongles on my 'Max. One is Realtek 8818AU based (a Rosewill AC1200UBE2) and the other is ATH9K_HTC (TP LINK WN722N). Both work well, though I must admit a little tweaking was needed with the drivers for both.  I do myself have one lingering issue with these dongles - when they’re plugged in, if I issue a “reboot” on the ‘Max, it shuts down and re-starts but hangs shortly after the initial setup message goes to the serial. If I then hit the power button twice, it starts normally. This does not happen without the USB devices plugged in. Odd...

Chris