[MinnowBoard] [minnow edk2] question about MinnowBoard's bios code

Bruce Cran bruce.cran at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 03:42:17 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 8:10 PM, <TigerLiu at zhaoxin.com> wrote:

> I have a few questions about Minnow Board’s bios code.
>
> 1.      Where to download its BIOS source code?
>
> Is it at here?
>
> http://iafirmware.com/projects/minnowboard-uefi-firmware
>

> 2.      Is there any list which describes which drivers are binary? Which
> are open source code?
>
> Such as :
>
> CPU driver / IGD driver / DRAM Peim are binary, not provide source code?

I'm not sure if you mean the MinnowBoard (v1) or MinnowBoard MAX (v2), but
from what I can see the v1 has an Atheros (AR8031_AL1A) PHY while the v2
has a Realtek (RTL8111GS) PHY.

For the MAX, the BIOS source code is now part of TianoCore: the project
homepage is http://www.tianocore.org and while the canonical repository is
on sourceforge under subversion, a nicer interface for obtaining it is
through the mirror at https://github.com/tianocore/edk2 .
I set up a Phabricator server for it a few days ago which I think provides
a nicer repo browser than both sourceforge and github:
http://edk2.bluestop.org/diffusion/UDK/ .

The (open source) code that's specific to the Minnowboard MAX is
under Vlv2TbltDevicePkg and Vlv2DeviceRefCodePkg.

I'm not sure what else may be binary-only, but at least the Intel microcode
and the Intel GOP and Realtek UNDI drivers aren't open source.

--
Bruce