[MinnowBoard] Windows 7?

Rouzanov, Ivan ivan.rouzanov at intel.com
Thu Jan 8 18:36:46 UTC 2015

John,

MinnowBoard MAX uses Class 3 UEFI Firmware and Windows 7 requires Class 2 to work, using Windows 7 on Class 3 UEFI is not supported and does not work since Int10 BIOS services are not available (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824898.aspx). In addition, all device drivers were only tested in Windows 8.1 environment and many of them do rely on Windows 8.1 APIs and infrastructure and will not load on older OS. For SoC components, such as GPIO, I2C, etc.,  infrastructure to support PnP (for resource discovery and arbitration) and Power management, was added in Windows 8, so corresponding drivers for Intel SoCs were targeted for Windows 8 and newer operating systems. Without drivers, even if OS boots (which would require Class 2 UEFI Firmware), the board is not very useful.
I hope this explains it. But let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!

Best regards,
Ivan Rouzanov.