[MinnowBoard] ERROR: Button S0 is pressed

vijaikumar k vijaikumar.k at mistralsolutions.com
Tue Dec 30 06:02:29 UTC 2014

Hi All,
         I am getting the following error while booting my custom hardware
based on Minnowboard. I use FSP for MinnowBoard available from
http://uefidk.intel.com/content/minnowboard-uefi-firmware-download

PDB =
c:\workspace\minnowfspsource\Build\MinnowBoardIntelNdaPkg\DEBUG_VS2008x86\IA32\MinnowBoardIntelNdaPkg\PlatformPei\PlatformPei\DEBUG\PlatformPeim.pdb
PROGRESS CODE: V3020002 I0
UpdateBootMode()
Button S0 is pressed. Entering recovery boot mode.
Boot mode on recovery mode
Install PPI: 17EE496A-D8E4-4B9A-94D1-CE8272300850

>From this I found out that it is taking button S0(Corewell GPIO_0) as
pressed. In MinnowBoard schematics I see that GPIO_0 has been PULLED HIGH.
However in our design it has been made as DNI. When I connect a Jumper to
GPIO_0 to connect to Vcc(Pulling GPIO_0 High) the Board boots without an
issue. I do not want to make hardware changes. I see that this condition
checking is present in PlatformPei.efi file. I donot have access to its
source code. What can be done to make UEFI skip this condition checking and
boot normally ?

*Regards*
*Vijai Kumar K*