[MinnowBoard] Minnowboard MAX with Dediprog em100 pro SPI emulator

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Sat Dec 27 05:27:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have one of these boards and would like to load a firmware image
into the em100 (SPI emulator) and boot it. So far I have not had any
success. I am not sure:

- which emulation to use - the Micron part is not supported but I
tried Winbond W25Q64
- how to connect it - the meaning of the DDP_IO3L pin for example
- whether it will automatically override the on-board SPI flash. It
certainly stops it booting!
- anything else I am missing

I'm testing with the 32-bit debug image from
https://uefidk.com/content/minnowboard-max

People on this list seem to be using a flash programmer, but I don't
have one of those. But I imagine that whoever developed the firmware
would have used an emulator.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Simon