[MinnowBoard] flotsam beware #2

Chris Brookes chris at txrx.org
Fri Dec 26 21:38:13 UTC 2014

> On Dec 26, 2014, at 3:16 PM, Soeren Zorn <ZornS at web.de> wrote:
>
> That looks like it should, at least according to the gerber files. Mhh, maybe it is a bad batch of capacitors.

I don’t know if it’s meaningful but I wanted to highlight again that the cap did not pop until there was a card in the mSATA slot. With no card in the slot, the Minnow refused to start up, but there were no fireworks. I assume the ‘Max should start with a lure connected but nothing in the slot, and if that’s true, then perhaps that’s predictive of the cap failure.. ?

Chris