[MinnowBoard] MAX doesnt boot Mint und efi doesnt show content of microsd

Bastian Wassermann bastian.wassermann at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 17:19:44 UTC 2014

Hello, sorry for bothering, but i am trying and googling all day and i dont
get further and i cant see the problem. In my MAX I updated the EFI
Firmware to version 0.73 that went without any issues. So i loaded the Mint
17 live dvd to an usb stick and i bootet from this usb stick. In that live
distribution i started to install the mint on the sd card. After that i
have 3 partitions, an efi, a data and a swap partition in the big data
partition i can see all linux related directories so everything looks fine.

But after that when i reboot the MAX, it can not boot and in all blk the ls
comand doesnt list any files or directories.

The Micro SD Card is a 32GB Class 10 Card UHS from SanDisk. Is there
something i have to configure in BIOS, i looked at all the switches but
didnt find something enlightening.

After installation mint 17 for about 3 times, i tried mint 16 like
described in the max wiki, but with that distribution after booting that i
didnt see any icons or the menubar because it didnt work with the right
display solution to my tv. So i went back to mint 17, but i dont think that
the distribution is the problem i think there is something in the efi bios.

Do you think i should try the 0.71 version of the firmware? or is it not
recommended to downgrade?

I also tried some tools to fix the boot issues for example boot-repair.

Im very thankful for advice, because i am not soo firm with all the linux
stuff.